Once I got the car home, it was time to really assess what I had. You can never get a good idea of what you have when going over it at the dealer. The more time I took to look, the more things I found. It went from a 95% complete car to about 90%. The small amount doesn’t sound like much but a lot of the 5-10% that was missing turned out to be hard-to-find. Plus some of the things that were missing made no sense why they would be gone unless those parts were intentionally taken to use on another car.
I started with the interior. The headline was hanging down. It was a vinyl covered molded fiberglass which had long ago come unglued from the roof. Plus the sides edges had been clamped by interior trim made of plastic that had long ago failed.
Getting the headliner out of the car became my first step.